As The Stress Medic Yvonne Cocks provides “first aid for the mind”.
Using a variety of techniques, such as EFT and NLP, she helps individuals move on from any stress, anxiety, trauma and phobias they have and enjoy life more. Yvonne had been practising as The Stress Medic for a few years and now wanted to focus on growing her customer base.
A busy diary of client sessions and group talks, along with little marketing experience, left her unsure of the best way to achieve this. Although she had always intended to produce a newsletter, Yvonne needed technical support and guidance to do this and had been looking for a flexible and cost effective resource that would help develop a solution she was comfortable with.
- Working with a limited budget, and the fact that Yvonne wanted to manage the process herself in the future, it was necessary to develop a plan that was simple yet effective. With a small list of existing clients and website signups a simple email newsletter campaign was recommended.
- This would enable Yvonne to stay in touch with these interested parties and share useful articles and news with them. Yvonne’s successful group talk engagements were also used to gather more contacts for the newsletter programme.
- These more than doubled her contacts list in a very short period of time.
- Focus was also given to developing a manageable content plan, as her website had remained static since launch. The content plan provided the basis for the newsletter stories by utilising existing content, as well as generating new articles for her website and social media channels.
- Marketing Hat supported Yvonne for a period of 6 months which involved creating a master newsletter template, development of an appropriate content plan and deployment of the first two newsletters.
- A programme of training was also included to ensure Yvonne would be able to continue producing and deploying her e-newsletters long-term.
“Emma has highlighted simple ways to increase my database and provided the support I needed to produce the newsletter I had been promising for so long. It’s not just been about technical expertise within a budget. Emma has taken a real interest in me as an individual and in my business. She has been someone to bounce ideas off, and has been able to highlight things I have said to her as being excellent ideas for my website and newsletter. I needed someone to encourage and hold me firmly, if gently, to account. Whenever we have had meetings, Emma has been prompt in sending me a “client contact report” to remind me of what we discussed, actions agreed and decisions made, which has really helped to keep things clear.”